- 1 MBBS first year Books and syllabus : 1st proff
- 1.1 ^ Anatomy
- 1.2 Products from Amazon.in
- 1.3 Products from Amazon.in
- 1.4 Products from Amazon.in
- 1.5 Products from Amazon.in
- 1.6 ^ Physiology
- 1.7 Products from Amazon.in
- 1.8 ^ Biochemistry
- 1.9 Products from Amazon.in
MBBS first year Books and syllabus : 1st proff
MBBS first year consists mostly of teaching aspects, rather clinical aspect, but its the major building foundation of whole MBBS curriculum. You must have a firm grip of all the subjects in MBBS first year especially Anatomy.
Although we will guide you through all the MBBS first year books and syllabus and all the major things you will need to focus in MBBS first year, which books to buy and how to study through our articles.
But first let us know how many subjects are there in first year?
MBBS first year/1st proff consists of
Now Lets discuss in detail all the Books that are for all the above subjects and then i will tell you what i studied from in my First year MBBS and What others recommnend.
Anatomy is the most crucial subject of MBBS first year (as what i think). It builds your foundation for almost everything, right from where liver is located, how intestines look to how our muscles and bones function.
Mostly students gets supply in Anatomy only (so, study well :-P). But if you have a fine grip over it and you study well, you can easily get even distinction in it (although i didn’t get :-P).
So lets discuss syllabus of Anatomy in MBBS first year:
Anatomy syllabus in MBBS first year is divided into below mention aspects:
A. General Anatomy
B. Regional Anatomy
- Upper limb
- Lower limb
- Head Face Neck
- Spinal Cord & Brain
- General Histology
- Systemic Histology
D. Developmental Anatomy
- General Embryology
- Systemic Embryology
F. Radiological Anatomy, USG, CT, MRI
G. Surface Anatomy, Living & Marking
Following Books are recommended for anatomy in First Year MBBS :
- B.D Chaurasia Human Anatomy 3 volumes
- Cunningham manual of Practical Anatomy
- Gray’s Anatomy
- Sahana’s Human Anatomy
- Regional Anatomy by R. J. Last
- Human Histology by Inderbir Singh
- Atlas of Human Histology- DIFORE
- Surgical Anatomy- McGregor
- Histology- by ham
- Human Embryology – Inderbir Singh
- Human Embryology- Kadasne
- Medical Embryology – Langman
- Surface Anatomy & Radiology – Halim Das
- General Anatomy by – Chaurasia
- Text book of Neuroanatomy – Inderbir Singh
- Central Nervous System – Podar Bhagat
- Clinical anatomy for medical students – Richard Snell
Do i Need to Buy All the books??
Here’s i am Giving you the list of Books that you will Must Need in your MBBS first.
- BD Chaurasia Textbook of Anatomy [ Head and Neck]
- BD Chaurasia Textbook of Anatomy [Upper limb and Thorax]
- BD Chaurasia Textbook of Anatomy [ Lower Limb and Abdomen]
- General Anatomy – By BD chaurasia
Buy Book Online:
For DH ( Disssection Hall)/ Dissector
- Cunningham’s Manual of Practical Anatomy
Buy Book Online:
* I also bought Netter’s : It includes images of every muscle, nerve and every anatomy of body. It will Really help you grasp every knowledge you want out of Human Body. I would recommend you to buy this, or buy 2-3 friends in group. It will help you all through your life.
Buy Netter’s Online:
That’s it. I bought only above books, however for Osteology : Inderbir singh is good you can go for it.
Buy Inderbeer singh Online:
- [pdf] BD Chaurasia human Anatomy download [Upper Limb and Thorax]
- [pdf] BD Chaurasia human Anatomy pdf download -Head and Neck
- [pdf] BD Chaurasia human Anatomy download [Lower limb, Abdomen and Pelvis]
Physiology: If you want to opt Medicine in future, or have great interest in medicine then you have to take physiology a bit seriously.
Here’s the Syllabus of Physiology in First year MBBS/ 1st proff
The Syllabus for Physiology for First Year MBBS has been listed below:
- General Physiology
- Respiratory Physiology
- Cardiovascular Physiology
- Renal Physiology
- Body Temperature Regulation
- Alimentary System
- Endocrine System
- Reproductive Physiology
- Special Senses: Eye, Ear, Taste, Smell
- Central Nervous System
That’s the syllabus of Physiology, and now come on to what books you will need for Physiology in 1st year MBBS.
Books for Physiology in MBBS first year:
Textbooks of Physiology
- A.K Jain – Textbook of Physiology
- Guyton – Textbook of Physiology
- Ganong – Review of Medical Physiology
- S. Wright – Applied Physiology
Buy Books Online:
Reference Books for Physiology:
- Best and Taylor – Physiological basis of medical practice
- Berne & levy. – Principles of Physiology
* However, I studied from AK Jain, its the best book i would recommend you to have it and study from it. Although, there were some topics like neuromuscular conduction, neuro which i studied from Guyton.
Biochemistry ( Ratta Maaro 😛 ) yeah…biochemistry is mostly mugging up… important processes and cycles, but once you understand them, they feel a lot easier.
I would recommend you to get your book marked and study only important topics in biochemistry. I would give you list of important topics later on.
Right now let me tell you syllabus of Biochemisty:
Syllabus of Biochemistry for First year MBBS:
- Molecular and functional organization of a cell and its sub-cellular components
- Chemistry of enzymes and their clinical applications
- Chemistry and metabolism of proteins and related disorders
- Chemistry and metabolism of purines and pyrimidines and related disorders
- Chemistry and functions of DNA and RNA , Genetic code ; Protein biosynthesis & regulation (Lac-operon)
- The principles of genetic engineering and their applications in medicine
- Chemistry and Metabolism of hemoglobin
- Biological oxidation
- Molecular concept of body defense and their applications in medicine
- Vitamins and Nutrition
- Chemistry and metabolism of carbohydrates and related disorders
- Chemistry and metabolism of lipids and related disorders
- Mineral metabolism: Water and electrolyte balance & imbalance
- Acid base balance and imbalance
- Integration of various aspects of metabolism and their regulatory pathways with Starvation metabolism
- Mechanism of hormone action
- Environmental biochemistry
- Liver function tests, Kidney function tests, Thyroid function tests
- Detoxification mechanisms
- Biochemical basis of cancer and carcinogenesis
- Investigation techniques : (LCD-Topics ) Colorimeter, Electrophoresis, Chromatography & Flame photometer
Lets come on to Book Recommendation:
Book for Biochemistry you will need in FIrst Year MBBS:
- Medical Biochemistry – U.Satyanarayan
- Biochemistry for Medical students by D.M.Vasudevan & Shree Kumari
These are the Two Books i would recommend you to Buy and study from them.
* I studied from Satyanarayan only, i would recommend you this book only…as its language is easy to understand and its easy to retain also.
Buy Book Online:
Biochemistry Reference Books:
My teachers recommended me Harper as a reference book…. (but i didn’t need any reference ever 😛 , trust me , and i guess you will also need 😛 )
These are the MBBS first year Books and syllabus : 1st proff . I guess, it will help you… If i missed any book feel free to tell in comments and if you need any book in e- book (pdf format) feel free to ask in comment.